MSaaS gets an upgrade
by MACC’s Technical Support Team
If you are a current MSaaS customer, you should have received an email by now preparing you to migrate to the new MSaaS environment. We thought we would take this opportunity to mention the new environment and some of the features that it will offer.
There are many enhancements behind the new environment that provide better performance and a more secure experience for the user. Most of these enhancements are behind the scenes but there are a couple of noticeable changes as well. Here are some of the changes that you can expect:
- Usernames will be different. We have adopted a new naming convention that makes user identification much simpler.
- Passwords are now managed by the user.
- Users are able to unlock their own accounts and change their own passwords through the self-service portal. Each user will define unique security questions that will serve as an added security measure when unlocking an account or changing a password.
If you have not yet been migrated to the new system, here’s what you can expect in the near future:
- An email will be sent asking you to verify each user’s name and spelling.
- Once the names have been verified, another email will be sent out with the list of new usernames and instructions on how each user can set up their password and challenge questions.
- While your users are creating their passwords, we will be testing various aspects of the migration to ensure there is minimal impact to you once you go live on the new environment.
- When testing is complete, we will contact you to schedule the migration during a time that works best for you.
- Once the migration is scheduled, we will work with you to ensure every user’s workstation has the proper client and is ready for the new environment.
- At the scheduled time, all users will need to exit the system during the migration.
After the migration is complete, you will begin accessing MSaaS through the new environment, using the new username and password that were set up.
We hope you find this information helpful. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
If you are not an MSaaS customer, we encourage you to check it out! MSaaS stands for MACC’s Software as a Service and it allows you to enjoy our Customer Master and Accounting Master software over the internet, without the need for a server at your location. If you would like to learn more or give it a try, please let us know! Your MACC Tech Support team can be reached at 402-533-5300 or via email at [email protected].
Have a technical question?We would love to hear from you! Use the form below to submit your questions and comments and we will include them in our monthly newsletter articles.
Meltdown and Spectre exploits
I’ve been hacked! Now what?
Learn how to keep your data safe
More than a buzzword
What is a DDOS attack?
Ransomware is in the news again!
Tech Support has your back
Beware of ransomware for hire
Air gapped backups
Tired of Ransomware?
Do you have Tape-itis?
MBTC Tech Booster Recap
Workplace wireless technologies
Steps to improve your cybersecurity
Windows 10 upgrade info
Is an old server saving money?
A back-up is the best defense