Current eMessage > Creative Solutions > March 2019
Spend less money to generate new business with EDDM
By Ryan Thompson, Creative Services Manager
A friendly reminder is often a good thing. Last month, you may have received such a gesture courtesy of United States Postal Service (USPS) in the form of a postcard promoting the Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) program. This isn’t a new service, but the folks at the post office want you to remember how useful the EDDM program can be to promote your business.
Here are some EDDM program basics (and why it’s a pretty awesome tool for telcos!):
- It allows you to reach all homes and businesses in a zip code or specific carrier routes without having to buy an address list.
- You receive discounted postage rates for using the program.
- You can target areas using select demographics, such as household income and age ranges.
- There is a user-friendly mapping tool you can use to get addresses from the exact locations you need to target.
MACC’s Creative Services Team has been helping clients take advantage of the EDDM program for years now. Here are ways we’ve seen companies use the program.
- Expanding your service territory? The EDDM program is perfect for reaching all locations in a community to let them know about the exciting services you want to deliver.
- New fiber build out? You can use the EDDM program’s mapping tool to find addresses in locations where you’ll soon be busy with the construction project.
- Selling security service or equipment? You can use the EDDM program to identify zip codes and carrier routes with higher incomes whose residents are more likely to purchase these types of services.
If you’re considering using the EDDM program, please contact MACC’s Creative Services Team if you have any questions as we’re happy to share our expertise. We can also help make an EDDM project a reality by designing the mailer and handling all of the details of its distribution. Contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Your guide to bill inserts
Ideas for less work and more revenue
Customer communications from start to finish
Construction season tips
It’s not too late to plan for 2018
Guide to bill inserts
Santa is on his way
No matter your hat, we have ideas for you
It’s prime time for telco marketing
Find telco treasure with a service area map
USAC offers new tools to lift your Lifeline numbers
Combine two customer favorites to boost your bottom line
Stop by the Creative Corner
Are you ready for prime time?
Happy Internet customers
New Year, new website